Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pineapple Grove Art District in Delray Beach, FL - The Grove

A few days ago, my family and I went to this new restaurant called The Grove. It has been open for less than a year but my parents had been there before with friends and wanted to take my brother and me there.  Wow am I happy they did. This was one of the best meals I have ever eaten! When we arrived at The Grove, we were seated down at a table along the wall. The Grove is pretty small, with 8 tables on the inside and a few on the outside, but that combined with the warm decorations and an overall homey feel to the place, I think it suits The Grove well. Their menu changes frequently, so you
The Kitchen!
may not be able to get the same thing every time, but it's a great place to try new things at, because everything is just so delicious! One of the cool things about The Grove is that you can see the kitchen through a large glass wall that is full of wine bottles, allowing you too see the kitchen through the spaces between the huge wall-shelves. Once you sit down, you are brought a platter with some home-made warm brioche on it, and that in itself was mind-blowing!

My amazing portobello soup!
I love mushrooms so once we received our menus, I was in a debate about whether I should get the chantrerelle agnolotti or the portobello soup for my appetizer.  Thankfully my family was going to order appetizers and share them all, so it helped make my decision easier.  My mom and dad each ordered a grilled octopus and my brother wanted the chanterelle agnolotti, so I ordered the portobello soup. Seriously, I could eat that
soup every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. It was like heaven in the form of soup! We were supposed to be sharing our appetizers, but I was very protective of my soup and let everyone have only one or two spoonfuls of it! I couldn't wait to try the grilled octopus, and was amazed to find out that it tasted like bacon! Who knew? My brother's agnolotti was like a light ravioli and was just awesome! The home-made pasta with the chanterelle mushrooms.....so good!!

Mmmmmmm...... Chicken!
When we had finished our appetizers, we ordered our dinner. My dad wanted the brioche-crusted chicken, and my brother and I decided to split one as well.  My mom ordered a local wahoo. As soon as we got our dinner, we were amazed! The plates looked so pretty to the point that I didn't want to eat mine because it was so beautiful! Now, after my big bowl of portobello soup, I didn't feel hungry at all, but after one bite, I couldn't stop eating the chicken! It was crispy on the outside, but really super-tender on the inside. The brioche gave it a great flavor and it came with some corn and goat cheese on top as
well as a little pesto and some gnocchi - YUM!  My mom's fish was really tasty also and filled with flavor!

After our entrees, everyone was stuffed, but because my parents had been raving about the cheese plate, and I love cheese, we decided to all split one. The cheese plate came with toasted bread and three different kinds of cheeses: a Saint Agur bleu cheese, a Brillat-Savarin creamy french cheese, and a Piedmont mixed cheese. The french cheese was really creamy, smooth, and melted on your tongue. The bleu cheese was very good, and the Piedmont mixed cheese was awesome!  My favorite cheese was the Piedmont.

As always, I will be rating the places I go on my Cookie Counter Scale of Cookieness, with one being burnt, stale oatmeal cookie nastiness, and ten being perfect chocolate chip (my favorite) goodness. My Cookie Counter ratings for The Grove are:

Food: 10 cookies
Atmosphere: 10 cookies
Service: 10 cookies

I rated The Grove this high because it is just that good. Like seriously, you should stop whatever you are doing, get in your car, and go to The Grove!! Until next time, keep cooking!

The Grove's Website: http://thegrovedelray.com/home/

No comments:

Post a Comment