Saturday, September 14, 2013

Boca Raton Florida- Rocco's Tacos

There are a lot of great mexican cuisine restaurants out there, but in my personal experience, this is one of the best. Not only is their entire menu great, but there is one thing in particular that I would go back every day for. Can you guess what it is? It's their guacamole! I will admit, their salsa is pretty good too, but this guacamole just blows anyone's idea of good guacamole right out of the deep blue sea! Anyone who says that a different guacamole is better has obviously never been to the right place. It's that simple! I had a day off from school recently, so my family and I decided that since we hadn't been to Rocco's Tacos in a while, we should go!

One of the great things about Rocco's is that there is an inside seating area as well as an outside one, which is really convenient depending on the weather!  We sit outside most of the time and did so this trip.  As soon as you sit down to your table, a waiter comes up to your table, introduces themselves, then asks you what you would like to drink. Once you receive your drinks, your waiter asks you if you
would like chips and salsa or guacamole or both. My family always gets both because we love the guacamole so much, but it tastes even better if you mix it with a little salsa! One of my favorite things at Rocco's is when they make their guacamole. After you order your bowl of heavenly guacamole, a server rolls up to your table with the guacamole cart, and begins to make the delightful guacamole fresh, on the spot. I know that the guacamole has avocado, cilantro, lime, onions, and tomatoes in it. I also know that they mix in their secret Rocco's Tacos spice that they also put on their chips. I think that the secret spice is made up of salt, chili powder, and a little bit of paprika, but if you have any ideas, tell me in the comments below!

My Enchiladas! 
After you have received your chips and guacamole, you can have a little bit of time to look over the menu or order right away if you were already looking at it. Rocco's regular menu has a lot of great items on it, but the kid's menu does not. There are only four choices on the kid's menu, and only one item is mexican related; the cheese quesadillas. Although the kid's menu is limited, the adult menu is quite extensive. As I was looking over the menu (the adult menu, after I gave back the kid's one) the enchiladas stood out to me. I decided on a pulled chicken enchilada with melted cheese and a green tomato sauce. The enchiladas also came with a side of refried beans and a side of rice. My brother ordered the exact same thing but with a red tomato sauce, and my parents ordered California fish tacos. The California fish tacos were different from regular fish tacos
The California Fish Tacos
because they contained not only the fish but also cabbage, golden raisins, thinly sliced jalapeƱo, and fresh pineapple. Everything looked amazing! My enchiladas were exquisite, and the chicken was perfectly seasoned. My only complaint is that the rice was pretty spicy. The fish tacos were a cross between sweet and spicy, but were excellent, and that explains the reason we order them every time we go! This is a good place to go if you are looking for some great mexican food and a good atmosphere. There aren't a lot of decorations, but there are bikes hanging from the ceiling, which I thought was pretty cool!

As always, I will be rating the places I go on my Cookie Counter scale of Cookieness, with 10 cookies being perfect chocolate chip(my favorite) goodness, and 1 cookie being a burnt, old, stale oatmeal raisin nastiness. My Cookie Counter ratings for Rocco's Tacos are:

Food: 9 Cookies
Atmosphere: 7 Cookies
Service: 8 Cookies

Rocco's Tacos Website: http://www.roccostacos.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment