Saturday, October 12, 2013

Charm City Burgers - Deerfield Beach, FL

That awesome mural!
      Not too long ago, my family and I were out and about and realized that our entire family was hungry. My Dad and brother both wanted burgers, so my family and I went to the best burger place we know in south Florida, Charm City Burgers. The place is kind of small, but with all the awesome decorations, you can't notice any difference! They have this really awesome mural on the wall with their burgers as characters! Once we got to Charm City Burgers, we looked at the menu and were in a pickle of what we should get. My Dad and brother both ordered the Cowboy Style Steak Burger, my Mom got
My dad's Cowboy Style Burger!
The Mobster burger, which had sausage instead of beef, and I decided on the Good Ole Steak Burger. My Mom, Dad, and brother all wanted onion rings with their burgers, but I decided to try the one side we had not tried before - the tater tots. Those tater tots were amazing! They were really crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside. The Cowboy Style burger has bacon, aged cheddar, grilled onions, and sautéed shrooms (mushrooms) The bacon was really crispy, and full of flavor, which made the burger really good! My Mom's Mobster was really superb, and had a great meaty flavor from the sausage topped with peppers, onions, and provolone cheese! My Good Ole was good, with just the meat and the cheese. ( I like the classics)   All of the burgers can come with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles and the house "Charm Sauce" and you can choose between a sesame or whole wheat bun.  My family and I have been to this restaurant a few times.  The other times I went there the burgers were off the chain, but this time we all agreed that the burgers just weren't quite as good.  I'm not sure why, but they just didn't hit the spot like they have on other visits.  That being said, we are still big fans.

This is a great place with inexpensive burgers, and the only complaint I have was that I felt that my burger was just a little bit under-seasoned this visit. My Mom loved her Mobster, and my brother and Dad liked their burgers a lot.  My burger was pretty good and the tater tots were a cool side dish.  This is a great place to go if you just hit a sudden burger crave, or are just looking for some good local food.

As always, I will be rating the places I go on my Cookie Counter Scale of Cookiness, with one being burnt, stale oatmeal cookie nastiness, and ten being the perfect, gooey chocolate chip (my favorite) goodness.  My Cookie Counter ratings for Charm City Burgers are:

Food: 7.5 Cookies
Atmosphere: 8 Cookies
Service: 9 Cookies

Until next time, Keep cooking!

Charm City Burger's Website: http://www.charmcityburgers.com

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, well-written review. I could not agree more about the tater tots---I crave them sometimes!

    ReplyDelete