Sunday, January 19, 2014

Boca Raton, FL - Taco Bell

     This past Friday, after a sports practice, my dad and I were heading to my school's winter carnival. Along the way, we both realized that we were getting pretty hungry.  Not wanting the carnival to close before we arrived, we did something we almost NEVER do - we opted for fast food. There were a few places around us, but we ended up choosing Taco Bell. I am a pretty big fan of mexican food, so I didn't object. When we walked in, I immediately noticed to decor. The building itself was painted in

pretty neutral colors, with some checkered patterns on the walls, and a red horizontal stripe that went around the room. But what really caught my eye were the paintings. There were these really neat paintings on the walls that were done in a graffiti style. They were super colorful and really vibrant.

I'm a grilled "stuft" nacho bandit!
My shredded chicken burrito
     My dad and I ordered two shredded chicken burritos, a grilled "stuft" nacho, and two Doritos locos tacos (1 cool ranch, 1 fiery). Our food was ready about 60 seconds after ordering, so very convenient. My favorite thing I ate was the shredded chicken burrito. It was a burrito with shredded chicken, rice, and an avocado sauce that was really creamy and really yummy. The grilled stuft nacho was also pretty good, but it was basically a triangular tortilla with beef, nacho cheese, and some corn chips. Unfortunately all of the beef had gone into one corner of the triangle, so in each bite you either got all meat or no meat. I normally like Doritos, so I was surprised when I didn't really like the locos tacos. The cool ranch one was okay, but the shell (Doritos) didn't really taste like the chips, and the filling of the taco was about 70% lettuce,  23% beef, and 7% cheese. Not great... The fiery one was pretty much the same story, except for the fact that shell was spicy. I don't like most spicy foods, so I wasn't a fan.

     One of the best things about Taco Bell was the staff. All the staff there were really nice, and circled the restaurant every 5 minutes or so to make sure everyone was okay, and that everyone was enjoying their food.

    Earlier, I reviewed a restaurant called Rocco's Tacos. If you are choosing between these two places, here's my input. Both places will offer mexican food, but the better one BY FAR is Rocco's Tacos. It is more of a dining experience, and is a lot better.  Taco Bell lived up to our expectations for being fast, but not much else.

As always, I will be rating the places I go on my Cookie Counter Scale of Cookieness, with one cookie being a old, stale, burnt oatmeal raisin cookie, and 10 cookies being a perfectly baked, soft, chocolate chip (my favorite) goodness. My Cookie Counter ratings for Taco Bell are:

Food: 5 Cookies
Atmosphere: 4 Cookies
Service: 7.5 Cookies

Taco Bell's website: http://www.tacobell.com/



   

No comments:

Post a Comment