Sunday, December 22, 2013

Arch and Eddie's- Jackson,Ohio

 Very recently, my grandma had taken my family and me to a place called Arch and Eddie's. Arch and Eddie's used to be called The Colonial, but it recently reopened with this name. This was a special place for my family, because our family has been going there for over 50 years! That's a long time! I had heard of this place many times before, but never actually been to it!
The outside of Arch and Eddie's
Once we got there, I immediately felt welcomed. The place itself has a warm and fuzzy feeling to it, like you were being invited to someone's house for a dinner party! The restaurant was painted a light
creme color, and had many windows, making it not only feel but look like a house, which I found really cool. The inside of the restaurant had walls made of brick painted over with a pastel yellow paint, and tables made of mahogany. There were many rooms within the restaurant, and at first I feared that if I left the table I might get lost! But as we walked to our table, I realized that there were not nearly as many rooms as it had seemed, diminishing whatever fear of getting lost I might have had

Those LEGENDARY mushrooms
 When our party took a seat at the table, I grabbed my menu and began looking over it. On the car ride to the restaurant, I had overheard my dad rave about these fried mushrooms they had, so I knew we had to get an order of those. Boy was my dad right! They were delicious! My favorite thing about them was not that they were fried, but how they were fried. The chef did a fantastic job on these by applying a light batter to the mushrooms, so they were crispy on the outside, but never lost their juice, flavor, or slightly chewy texture on the inside. I am a huge fan of mushrooms, mainly because of their texture and flavor. This dish went way beyond my expectations! After we had finished up FOUR ORDERS of fried mushrooms, we decided that it was time to order our main dish, but only after ordering ANOTHER ORDER OF MUSHROOMS!  I was a little afraid of being too full to eat a main course. I wrestled between between a few things on the menu, and I chose fish and chips. And believe me, I was very, very, very glad with my choice, but
Mmmmm..... Fish and Chips
I'm sure that everything I was thinking about ordering was great! When my food came, I dove right in. The fish was haddock, and the batter was really crispy, a perfect combination! The soft fish was falling apart, and the batter gave the fish a great crunch! The fries were really great as well, with a soft inside and a crisp and crunchy outside. One of my favorite foods is bleu cheese, so I asked the waiter for some bleu cheese dressing, and once I got it, I put it with the fries. Even better! The cheese and the fries went perfectly together! I had a few leftover mushrooms from the appetizer, so I dunked those in the bleu cheese dressing as well. Result: Heaven on a mushroom! I was already pretty full before I got my main course, but soon after getting my fish and chips, I was stuffed. The problem was I couldn't stop eating it, I just felt it was too good to give away.  After I had finished most of my meal, I decided I would take the rest home, because I felt like I was going to burst! Even though I really, really wanted dessert, I decided against it, because I was already stuffed. But if you do get the chance to go there, Dad says the pineapple icebox cake is fabulous!

 Arch and Eddie's was a really great place with great food, great service, and a great atmosphere. If you're in the area, I strongly recommend you stop by for a quick bite! Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

As always, I will be rating the places I go on my Cookie Counter Scale of Cookieness, with one cookie being burnt, stale oatmeal raisin nastiness, and ten cookies being perfect, warm, gooey chocolate chip (my favorite) goodness. My Cookie Counter ratings for Arch and Eddie's are:


Food: 9 Cookies
Service: 11 Cookies
Atmosphere: 8 Cookies

Arch and Eddie's Website: http://archandeddies.com

Until next time, keep cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment